A compost bin is a container, specifically designed and engineered for the collection and processing of organic materials into nutrient rich compost or humus. The finished compost or humus harvested from a compost bin through the composting process of decomposition is an excellent soil amendment providing much needed enrichment for your soil. A compost bin has features that enhance the decomposition process and help make your commitment to composting more efficient.
Why use a compost bin?
A compost bin is a tangible, visible tool to assist residents in self management of their kitchen and yard residuals. Using a compost bin allows for greater control over the process of composting and decomposition. For some municipalities require a compost bin or compost system by regulation. A compost bin addresses neatness, attractiveness and convenience. The purchase and use of a compost bin is an investment in the behavior changes associated with waste reduction and sustainability.
Why the FreeGarden™ EARTH compost bin?
The FreeGarden™ EARTH Compost Bin has many features that make
it the composting tool of choice:
- One piece injection molded construction — no seams to come apart or assembly required
- Large capacity — 11 cubic feet/311 litres
- Convenient 12”x16” offset, front harvest door
- Twist locking lid
- Vertical and horizontal columnar ventilation
- Conical shape means nothing gets stuck in corners and also provides for ease of lifting off to access the entire pile
- Rodent resistant
- Easy, large access 20.25 inch (51.43 cm) diameter lid opening
- 33” high x 31” wide (83.8cm high x 78.7cm wide)
- Made of 100% recycled materials
- 10 year warranty
- Fits in any vehicle
- Committed, experienced sales representatives to help with any questions on products as well as technical assistance
- Proven and experienced in helping municipalities help their residents embrace backyard composting as a waste reduction method